have (something) to spareidiom
Definition of have (something) to spare
—used to indicate whether someone has more than enough of (something) He seems to have energy to spare.I have no money to spare for such things right now.We have very little time to spare.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game