have (something) to spareidiom
Definition of have (something) to spare
—used to indicate whether someone has more than enough of (something) He seems to have energy to spare.I have no money to spare for such things right now.We have very little time to spare.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game