hau·er·ite | \ ˈhau̇əˌrīt\
Definition of hauerite
: a mineral MnS2 consisting of native manganese sulfide and occurring as reddish brown or brownish black octahedral or pyritohedral crystals or massive (specific gravity 3.46)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?