variants: or hatemongering
Definition of hate-mongering
: the act or practice of stirring up hatred or enmity in others In the past, the band has been accused of hatemongering by some critics. By today's standards, however, Chuck's vehement preachings on self-determination and economic empowerment sound almost tame …— Danyel Smith
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?