variants: or hatemongering
Definition of hate-mongering
: the act or practice of stirring up hatred or enmity in others In the past, the band has been accused of hatemongering by some critics. By today's standards, however, Chuck's vehement preachings on self-determination and economic empowerment sound almost tame …— Danyel Smith
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game