variants: or hatemongering
Definition of hate-mongering
: the act or practice of stirring up hatred or enmity in others In the past, the band has been accused of hatemongering by some critics. By today's standards, however, Chuck's vehement preachings on self-determination and economic empowerment sound almost tame …— Danyel Smith
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game