hash uptransitive verb
Definition of hash up
1 : to make a mess of : mutilate almost beyond recognition hashed up the account of the accident a concept that has hashed up remedial legislation
2 : to warm up : give fresh existence to : reanimate hashing up ancient quarrels — Times Literary Supplement hash up novel interpretations of men and events based on little more than the findings of their predecessors — Listener
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?