har·mon·o·graph | \ härˈmänəˌgraf\
Definition of harmonograph
: an instrument for combining two or more vibrations usually of two pendulums at right angles to each other and recording them in a single curve — compare lissajous figure
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game