variants: or less commonly harlequin cabbage bug
Definition of harlequin bug
: a black stinkbug (Murgantia histrionica) brilliantly marked with red, orange, and yellow that is destructive to cabbage and related plants in tropical America and the warmer parts of the U.S.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game