harked back to; harking back to; harks back to
Definition of hark back to
1 : to return to or remember (something in the past) He always harks back to the good old days of his youth.
2 : to look or seem like (something in the past) The movie has a style that harks back to the golden age of Hollywood.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game