hark back tophrasal verb
harked back to; harking back to; harks back to
Definition of hark back to
1 : to return to or remember (something in the past) He always harks back to the good old days of his youth.
2 : to look or seem like (something in the past) The movie has a style that harks back to the golden age of Hollywood.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game