plural hare's-foot ferns
Definition of hare's-foot fern
1 : a fern (Davallia canariensis) of the Canary islands and Madeira having a soft gray hairy rootstock
2 : an Australian fern (Davallia pyxidata)
3 : a bristle fern (Trichomanes boschianum)
4 : serpent fern
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?