Definition of hare's-ear
1 : a European annual herb (Bupleurum rotundifolium) with perfoliate leaves that resemble rabbit ears and small yellowish flowers
2 or less commonly hare's-ear mustard : a glabrous annual herb (Conringia orientalis) having sessile entire leaves with prominent basal lobes
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game