variants: or hard-stemmed bulrush \ ˈ⸗ˌ⸗- \
Definition of hardstem bulrush
: a widely distributed North American bulrush (Scirpus acutus) that has hard rigid olive green culms and a rather stiff panicle also : any of several closely related bulrushes
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?