hap·tor | \ ˈhaptər also -ˌtȯər\
Definition of haptor
: an organ of attachment in a parasitic worm especially : a complex organ usually with multiple suckers and strong hooks on the posterior end of many monogenetic trematodes
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game