hanging stairsplural noun
Definition of hanging stairs
: stairs that are or appear to be supported along one side only (as by brackets projecting from an adjacent wall or by having one end of each step built into a wall, the front edge of each step being supported along the back edge of the step below)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?