hang withphrasal verb
hung with; hanging with; hangs with
Definition of hang with
1 : to spend time with (someone) He's just been hanging with his friends.
2 : to stay close to (someone) : to keep up with (someone) He hung with the leaders for the first half of the race, but then he began to fall behind.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game