Definition of handshaker
1 : one that makes capital of shaking hands or showing extreme politic friendliness money raisers, speechmakers, handshakers, and official greeters— H. S. Commager
2 : one that is usually naïvely fond of meeting people a natural handshaker in the good sense of that abused word— S. H. Adams
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?