Definition of handguard
1a : a guard on a sword — compare cross guard
b : a guard on a knife or dagger similar to that on a sword
2 : a wooden piece above the barrel of a rifle
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game