Definition of hand-screw clamp
: a woodworker's clamp with two hardwood jaws joined by a pair of right-hand and left-hand threaded screws that maintain parallel adjustment of the jaws when their handles are turned in the same direction
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?