half·pace | \ pronunciation at half +ˌpās\
Definition of halfpace
1 : a raised floor or dais or a platform or footpace at the top of steps (as for a throne or an altar)
2 : a landing of a staircase like a broad step between two half flights — compare quarterpace
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?