half·mens | \ ˈhälfˌmen(t)s\
plural halfmens\ " \ or halfmense\ -n(t)sə \
Definition of halfmens
: a southern African plant (Pachypodium namaquam) of the family Apocynaceae having an upright naked stem surmounted by a crown of leaves and suggesting in outline the figure of a human
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?