half bog soilnoun
Definition of half bog soil
: an interzonal group of soils developed under swamp-forest types of vegetation, having mucky or peaty surface soil underlain by gray mineral soil, and appearing mostly in humid or subhumid climates
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?