ha·ko | \ ˈhä(ˌ)kō\
Definition of hako
: a Pawnee Indian ceremony representing the union of Heaven and Earth and the birth of life performed with prayers, invocation by pipe, and eagle dances to ensure long life and posterity to the participants
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game