gy·rog·o·nite | \ jīˈrägəˌnīt\
Definition of gyrogonite
: a minute ovoid spiral-marked body that is the residue of the calcareous incrustation about the female sex organs of a fossil stonewort
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game