gun·ter iron | \ ˈgəntə(r)-\
Definition of gunter iron
: a fitting on a gunter rig consisting of two double eyes united by side bars so that one eye in each pair slides freely over a lower mast and the other serves as a step for a topmast
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game