Definition of gunnery officer
: an officer (as in the U.S. Navy) who has general charge of the care and maintenance of the battery, ordnance material, and ammunition of a warship, superintends gun drills, and directs the gunnery training of the crew
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game