gun·nera | \ (ˌ)gəˈnirə, -nerə\
Definition of gunnera
1 capitalized : a genus of widely distributed herbs (family Haloragaceae) several of which are used as garden ornamentals with large orbicular basal leaves and a thick spike of small flowers
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Gunnera
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game