gun·nera | \ (ˌ)gəˈnirə, -nerə\
Definition of gunnera
1 capitalized : a genus of widely distributed herbs (family Haloragaceae) several of which are used as garden ornamentals with large orbicular basal leaves and a thick spike of small flowers
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Gunnera
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?