Definition of gun deck
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a deck (as the first deck below the weather deck) on old-time warships carrying the ship's guns
Definition of gundeck (Entry 2 of 2)
: to fake or falsify especially by writing up (as a series of official reports) as if meeting requirements but actually without having carried out the required procedures
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game