Definition of gun pendulum
: an apparatus used to determine ballistics data (as the initial velocity of a projectile or conditions existing in the bore of a gun during passage of the projectile) by means of measurement of the recoil caused by the discharge of a gun suspended as a pendulum — compare ballistic pendulum
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game