Definition of guinea gold
1 : gold of 22 karats from which guineas were coined
2 : an alloy containing 88 percent of copper and 12 percent of zinc that is used especially for cheap jewelry
— called also red brass
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game