variants: or geswarp \ ˈgeˌswȯrp \
Definition of guess-warp
1 : a line carried in a small boat from a ship to a buoy, an anchor, or the shore
2 : guest rope
3 : a line led from a ship through a fairlead on a boat boom for small boats to make fast to
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?