Definition of groundkeeper
1 : one that tends the grounds (as of a sports field, cemetery, park)
2 : an undesired plant arising from self-sown seed or from roots in a planting of a desired species or variety
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game