variants: or less commonly ground-control approach \ ˈ⸗⸗ˌ⸗- \
Definition of ground-controlled approach
: a blind landing in which the airplane is observed from the ground by means of radar and directed along a suitable glide path by radioed instructions to the pilot —abbreviation GCA
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game