Definition of ground pearl
: an encysted form of the female of various coccid insects of Margarodes and closely related genera in which a shelly covering is formed that in some regions is collected and strung into necklaces also : a coccid having such an encysted form and sometimes being a serious pest of turf
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?