Definition of grid-dip meter
: a device for testing radio frequencies that consists of a vacuum-tube oscillator having in its grid circuit a current-indicating meter which indicates a decrease in current when the oscillator and the circuit to which it is coupled resonate at the same frequency
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?