Definition of grease spot
: a disease of turf grasses caused by a fungus (Pythium aphanidermatum) and characterized by spots usually under two inches in diameter but often coalesced into patches or streaks having a distinctive greasy border of blackened leaves and intermingled cottony mycelium
— called also spot blight— compare dollar spot
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game