variants: or less commonly gray mold rot
Definition of gray mold
1a : any of various fungal diseases of fruits, vegetables, or herbaceous plants characterized by a grayish color of the affected surfaces
b : a fungus causing such a disease (as members of the genera Botrytis and Cercospora)
2 : downy mildew of the grape
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game