Definition of gray kingbird
: a kingbird (Tyrannus dominicensis dominicensis) that breeds in the southeastern U.S. and winters in Mexico and Central America and is similar to but larger than the eastern kingbird
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game