Definition of grass-grub
1 : a small shiny brown New Zealand cockchafer (Odontria zealandica) that feeds on grass specifically : its root-eating larva that is a very destructive pest of turf
2 : corbie
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?