Definition of grass-feed
: to feed on herbage : use or require a diet primarily made up of grasses
: to feed (as cattle) on grass especially : to finish (beef cattle) for market on pasture
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game