grass itch mitenoun
Definition of grass itch mite
: an Australian trombiculid mite (Acomatacarus australiensis) that lives on grasses and bites humans and domestic animals and that sometimes becomes a serious pest in suburban areas
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?