Definition of grand total
: a final total reached by adding together other total amounts They have managed to raise a grand total of $15 million in the past two years. —often used in a humorous or critical way to refer to a total that is unusually small A grand total of two people have signed up for the class.They scored a grand total of three points in the first quarter.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game