grand ca·pe | \ -ˈkā(ˌ)pē, -ˈkä(ˌ)pā\
Definition of grand cape
: a writ issued in the now obsolete real actions for the recovery of land on the failure of the defendant tenant in possession to make an appearance
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary in April 2019
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 4/19/19
- Aww it's So 'Adorkable'
- 'MacGyver': The Verb
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game