grand ca·pe | \ -ˈkā(ˌ)pē, -ˈkä(ˌ)pā\
Definition of grand cape
: a writ issued in the now obsolete real actions for the recovery of land on the failure of the defendant tenant in possession to make an appearance
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game