grace with one's presenceidiom
Definition of grace with one's presence
: to come to a place to be with (a person, group, etc.) —usually used humorously He finally decided to grace us with his presence 10 minutes after dinner started.Will you be gracing the meeting with your presence?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game