plural governors-general-in-council or governor-generals-in-council
Definition of governor-general-in-council
: the governor-general in a member nation of the British Commonwealth acting with the advice and consent of the nation's Privy Council usually as a formal means of giving legal effect to cabinet decisions in South Africa … all provincial ordinances must be assented to by the governor-general-in-council— Alexander Brady
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game