Definition of gooseberry mildew
1 : a mildew affecting gooseberries especially : a mildew caused by a powdery mildew (Sphaerotheca mors-uvae or Microsphaera grossulariae)
2 : a fungus that causes gooseberry mildew
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?