variants: or less commonly good-time Charley \ ¦⸗ˌ⸗ˈchär|lē , -ˈchȧ| , |li \
Definition of good-time Charlie
: a carefree and convivial person given to frequent pursuit of fun and amusement just a good-time Charlie, borrowing two bucks here and five bucks there— Walter Karig I couldn't be a good-time Charlie … when I was a kid I was taught not to talk or joke or laugh at the table— A. J. Liebling
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?