Definition of golden oriole
: an Old World oriole (Oriolus oriolus) having the male brilliant yellow with black tail and wings and the female largely greenish yellow, breeding in central and southern Europe and western Asia, and wintering chiefly in Africa and southern Asia
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game