Definition of gold-dig
: to extract money or gifts from by coaxing or flattery why did you coax him, tease him, gold-dig him— Sinclair Lewis
: to extract money or gifts from men by coaxing or flattery she went with him wherever he wanted to go, and she never tried to maneuver him or gold-dig— Ann Chidester
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?