gog·let | \ ˈgäglə̇t\
variants: or less commonly guglet \ ˈgəg- \
Definition of goglet
: a long-necked water vessel usually of porous earthenware that is used especially in India for cooling water by evaporation goglets cooling among walls— James Merrill
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game