Definition of gochujang
: a spicy paste used in Korean cuisine that is made from red chili peppers, glutinous rice, and fermented soybeans With Ms. Kim's encouragement, I made a version of her Korean bouillabaisse by sautéing kimchi with gochujang, soy sauce and fish sauce, then adding stock and a mix of shrimp, scallops and mussels. The gochujang added flavor and served as a thickener.— Jane Black Korean supermarkets, like H Mart in Manhattan, carry not only all manner of foods—like gochujang, three-layered pork belly, and Korean snacks—but also a range of practical (affordable) kitchen and home goods.— Lauren Ro
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?