Definition of go off with
1 chiefly British : to leave (a spouse, partner, etc.) in order to live with and have a sexual relationship with (someone) He left his wife and went off with some young thing.
2 : to take away (something that belongs to someone else) : to steal Someone went off with my wallet.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game