Definition of go berserk
1 : to become very angry, crazy, and violent A worker went berserk and killed his boss.
2 : to become very excited The crowd was going berserk as the team scored with seconds to go.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game